Martin Concrete Video Shoot (Day 1)
We were recently hired to produce a video series for Martin Concrete (Kennesaw, GA) highlighting their new Portable Concrete Plant process called "MC ReadyMix." The series would discuss all of the major benefits associated with MC ReadyMix while also presenting Martin Concrete as a preferred company to do business with.
In addition to capturing cinematic shots of the Portable Concrete Plant being set up, it was also important to MC that a Time Lapse video be created......showing the entire Plant being built from start to finish.
Since the Plant would take 4 days to build out in the middle of a construction site (with no tall buildings or shelter anywhere close), this was a challenge. We managed to secure the highest point we could find on-site with the most ideal vantage point possible, and there we set our Sony AS100V all-weather, wide angle camera to capture the Time Lapse.
Some things we're fascinated by in this Time Lapse video (above):
- On days 2, 3, and 4...the wind clearly changes midday and the clouds start blowing in a different direction.
- The visual effect of the higher clouds casting shadows on the tops of the lower clouds is amazing on Day 3.
- It's really neat to see the different, distinct types of cloud cover from day to day.
- You can see a humongous deluge of rain approaching toward the end of day 1.
- On day 2, you can actually see the higher clouds blowing in a different direction than the lower clouds.
The first day of shooting was a complete success. We didn't miss any of our planned shots, everyone was safe, and our equipment remained unharmed (even though we were shooting on an active construction site).